Our Callanish WordPress base theme has been updated.
Version 2 of our Callanish theme has been entirely recoded to be fully compatible with the WordPress Block Editor, while maintaining compatibility with the Classic Editor, and adding many new features.
The theme is designed as a starting point for bespoke website development, but out-the-box it has several new features to allow customisation by the end user.
The design is fully responsive, ensuring your site looks good whether viewed on a desktop, laptop, tablet or phone.
WordPress + Genesis + ACF Pro + Lynx Graphic Design
The theme runs on the Genesis Framework for WordPress and uses the ACF Pro premium plugin to provide custom settings and Blocks.
WordPress sites include a Customiser for site admins to make modifications to their site. The Callanish theme has a number of additional options in the Customiser and in the page editor.
Theme customisation settings
- theme colours and the Block Editor colour palette
- site-wide default heading image
- heading image height NEW
- site-wide default image for posts on listing pages
- align the site menu to right or left
- option to add a logo to the menu bar
- option to add a logo to overlay the heading image
- setting to align the overlay logo right or left
Editor settings for Posts and Pages
- option to set a custom heading image for the page
- option for heading image focus (top, centre or bottom) when image is cropped at different screen sizes NEW
- four options for the heading image: full width, wide, narrow or none
- four options for the Title position: overlaid on the header image, wide, narrow or hidden
Along with the built-in options of Genesis, such as sidebars, and the flexibility of the WordPress Block Editor, every page is packed with layout options.
The base theme also comes with three custom Editor Blocks developed to accompany the theme.
The Logos block is part of a system to simplify the tricky job of neatly laying out a grid of logos in a fluid layout. Each item — logo, name, link and categories— is added as a separate “custom post”. The Logo Block can then add a grid of logos to any page or post, with options to show all logos or just those from selected categories.
The Tiles Block allows you to add content in a similar styling to the theme’s 3-column layout for post listings. There are input fields for image, heading, text and button, which can link to any site page or file, or external web address.
Latest Posts Block
WordPress core includes a Latest Posts Block, but at least for now it has no option to include post featured images.
Our Latest Posts Block allows you to add the most recent posts from one or all categories within any post or page which will be displayed with the same styling as the category listing pages and the Tiles Block.
There are also options for the number of posts to show and the number of columns.
Additional custom Blocks can be developed for your specific requirements.
See the full guide to the theme for more information.